2012 Fall Handout 9
2012 Fall Handout 10
ALL FALL 2012 PDF Handouts are HERE.
Track 1 - Review -
- Emptiness in Geshe Curriculum.
- Emptiness as Antidote to Obstacles to Diligence.
- Five Divine Eyes [Handout 9].
- Objects of Eye Consciousness
- Expressive Sound
- Object Possessors
- Divine Eye enables Lamas to follow disciples from life-to-life.
- Issues related to Guru/Lama teachers.
- Omniscience of Buddha.
- Karmic connections between their sentient beings of 3,000-fold world systems..
- Panchen Sonam Drakpa’s General Meaning presentation of Five Sublime Eyes:
- 7th Mahayana Practice Instructions re the five sublime eyes is intended to enable practitioners to become more self-sufficient in their practice.
- Citations from the Perfection of Wisdom Sutras respecting the Divine Eyes.
- Lamas are able perceive deaths in far off lands.
- Karmic connections between their sentient beings of 3,000-fold world systems.
- Four Concentrations: 4 hours of calm abiding required for 1st Concentration.
This is the 9TH class of the Fall 2012 term Perfection of Wisdom course.
Subject: 7th sub-topic (Five Sublime Eyes) of the 2nd Topic (Mahayana Practice Instructions), Chapter 1 of Maitreya's Ornament for Clear Realizations.