2011 Handout 4 - Chap. 1 - Ornament for Clear Realization: BODHICITTA - Revised from posting on April 11.
2011 Handout 5 - BODHICITTA, cont.
2011 Handout 6 - BODHICITTA, cont.
2011 Chart 2 - Subdivisions of the Two Higher Tenets
DOWNLOAD MP3 Tracks:
Track 1 - Review Material Covered in 4th Class - Monday, 2011 April 11 – Handout 3
- Present Subject Matter of this and future classes from Handout 4:
- First three verses from First Chapter of the Ornament for Clear Realizations along with brief introduction to their meaning.
- Literal translation of the Definition of Bodhicitta: A special mental main mind (mental consciousness that is a main mind) which is the entry way to the Mahayana path and is concomitant with its assistant aspiration that focuses on complete enlightenment for the benefit of others.
- General Description of All Minds
- Two Different Kinds of Minds:
- Sense Consciousness & Mental Consciousness.
- Five Omni-Present Mental Factors
- Mental Factor of Aspiration in a Mind of Bodhicitta
- Concomitant Mind & Mental Factors
- Aspirational Mental Factor of Bodhicitta
- Meaning of Bodhicitta’s Definition Explanation
Minds of Wisdom & Bodhicitta Conjoined
Track 6 - Two Branches of Bodhicitta:
- Branch: Aspiration for Others Benefit - aspiration for others’ enlightenment precedes
- Branch of Aspiration for Own Benefit - to attain Enlightenment for the benefit of all others.
- Are Buddhas sentient beings?
- Realistically recognizing force our engrained selfishness