2011 Chart 3 - The Five Bodhisattva Paths.
2011 Handout 7 - Differences between Svatantrika-Madhyamika and Prasangika Madhymaika Tenets (re Vows, Engaging Bodhicitta and Paths.
2011 Handout 8 - Three Classes of Vows: I. Pratimoksha Vow: a) Lay Vow (3 Sets; Eight One-day Vows); b) Ordained Vows (5 sets). II. Bodhisattva Vow - a) 18 Downfalls & 46 Faulty Actions. b) How to Lose Bodhisattva Vow: Four Binding Factors.
2011 Handout 9 - Remaining categories of Bodhicitta: a) By way of Demarcation; b) By way of Devoted Conduct; c) Category by way of the Purpose; d) Category by way of Similes.
DOWNLOAD MP3 TRACKS:
Track 1 - Pratikmoksha Vow "not to Kill" is completely Broken/Lost by intentionally killing a human being; not by killing an animal. [Clarifying Class 10]. Sectarian chauvinism does not have factual basis.
Track 2 - Pratimokha Vows:
Six Types of Lay Practitioners
Five Sets of Vows for Monks and Nuns
Track 3 - Bodhisattva Vow - 18 Major Precepts:
- Violating 16 Major Precepts are Downfalls
- Violating either the 9th or 18th Breaks/Ends Vow:
- 9th Major Precept: Not Holding Wrong Views, e.g.:
- Denying the Law of Cause and Effect.
- What about Reincarnation?
- 18. Giving Up Bodhicitta - Taking the vows if one doesn't have Aspirational Bodhicitta?
- Four Binding Factors required to Break the remaining 16 Precepts:
- Not giving up the desire to act in a particular way and still wanting to do it
- Taking joy and delight in it
- Lacking shame and embarrassment
- Not regarding the action as faulty
a) Category way of DEMARCATION (re Grounds and Paths - Chart 3):
- Devoted Conduct in continua of Bodhisattvas on Mundane Paths (Path of Accumulation; Path of Preparation)
- Pure Altruistic Intention in continua of Bodhisattvas on any of the (first) 7 Impure Bhumis / Grounds (on Path of Seeing & Path of Meditation)
- Fully Mature Bodhicitta in continua of Bodhisattvas on any of the 3 Pure Grounds (8th, 9th & 10th Bodhisattva Bhumis).
- Abandonment of Obstructions in the continua of Buddhas.